How to take care of Dry skin
1. Hopefully, you are not into taking long hot showers because it would most definitely strip your skin of all its natural oils. It would leave your skin feeling tight and dry. It is best to limit the showers to no more than 10 minutes.
2. Use a gentle and mild cleanser on your face. Never use any soaps. They contain harsh chemicals. The cleanser should be fragrance free, whether natural or synthetic, just don't give into all those aromatic cleansers as there are many scents which can irritate the skin.
3. Don't be over indulgent with the amount of cleanser you use. Use enough that it can easily remove the oil, grime and dirt from the skin but not to the extent that there is thick lather everywhere. Always use lukewarm water to wash off the cleanser from the face.
4. Do not use loofahs, pumice stones, scrubs or brushes as they are way too rough and abrasive on your skin. But you do need to exfoliate your skin gently and the best exfoliants one can ever ask for are AHAs and BHAs. They gently slough off the dead skin cells and make your skin radiant and youthful.
5. Do not push, tug or rub your skin while drying it. Lightly pat or blot your skin dry preferably with a soft and clean towel before applying the moisturizer.
6. Always and I mean ALWAYS apply moisturizer after drying off your skin. Do not ever skip this step. Your skin should be damp enough for the moisturizer to get absorbed. It is crucial to keep the skin hydrated after cleansing. For dry skin, it may be wise to introduce your skin to serums along with moisturizers. Remember that the well hydrated skin has the ability to shed dead skin cells more effectively and naturally. If the skin is shedding the dead skin cells, any moisturizer you apply would be easily absorbed and benefit your skin much more than just lying on the top of the skin.
7. Loud and clear! Listen to this carefully! No matter what you do to take care of your skin, if you do not wear sunscreen when outdoors, then no matter how expensive your skin care products are and how religiously you follow your skin routine, you would have seriously damaged skin! So sunscreen should be your best friend! I admit it is slightly more effort in lathering up sunscreen every time we go out during the day, but I can assure you the end results are well worth it. Sunscreen should be a staple in your beauty arsenal and beauty comes from healthy skin!